What is a digital twin?
A digital twin is an environment of linked data and models that reproduce an accurate, virtual representation of real-world entities and processes. Cutting-edge technology allows for synchronization of the virtual data environment with real-world conditions in order to facilitate holistic understanding, optimal decision-making, and effective action throughout the lifecycle of those entities.
“Data is ubiquitous and has been for over two decades. Digital twin technologies are mining and conveying that under-utilized data to contextualize design, industrialize construction processes and inform owners and developers.”
- Scott Bailey, President of MG-AEC Technology Partners
Areas of Interest Include:
- Predictive Analysis
- Facilities Management
- Operations and Maintenance
- Natural Resource Management
- Demographic Analysis
- Emergency Management
- Business Analysis
- IoT Monitoring
- Event Security and Traffic Management
- Planning and Development
- Sustainability Performance
- Asset Management
Demystifying digital twin E-book
Digital Twin is more than just the latest industry buzzword. It overcomes major operational and design challenges. Read this e-book to demystify digital twin, discover the benefits it brings to AEC firms and building owners, and see why you should invest in it sooner rather than later. Fill out the short form to access the e-book!
MG AEC Digital Twin Foundation
An MG AEC Digital Twin Foundation is an accurate, standardized, sustainable virtual model of the built environment of the project at hand.
The AEC Digital Twin Foundation forms the essential core for all predictive, operational, and historical analyses of the actual project environment.
Without the well-maintained and standardized AEC Digital Twin Foundation, it is impossible to obtain consistent analytic, operational, and predictive data across the project lifecycle.
Key Elements of an AEC Industry Digital Twin Foundation
Civil Infrastructure Conditions
Built Environment Conditions
Why is an AEC Digital Twin Foundation Required?
- A stable, consistent, and sustainable virtual model of the project environment is required for a successful AEC Industry Digital Twin project. At MG, we call this virtual model the Digital Twin Foundation Platform.
- Without this key component, the overall Digital Twin is simply unable to function in a predictable way that provides the desired service to the client.